Tuesday, June 15, 2010

THE FAMILY LAW

Photobucket

My mum showed me an article tonight about Ben Law and his new book The Family Law. It's pretty much a collection of essays about his upbringing in his loveable, yet completely eccentric Chinese family. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

In my opinion, he writes the best articles in Frankie magazine. He's just got this incredibly wicked sense of humour. I'd probably say he's my biggest inspiration for wanting to become a feature writer (please hire me Frankie!).

And you know what? I've been kicking myself for over a year now. Why? Because I had the chance to meet him and I didn't take it cos I was too shy! aheglkhejghdjkfkjfhekjhrferjgo3wrjg

I'll elaborate.

When I started uni last year, I went to a Creative Industries party (I'm studying Journalism at QUT). Guess who was hosting the event? None other than Benjamin Law. But I was too chicken to approach him. And while I was waiting to catch the ferry, he was sitting a metre away from me and I STILL passed up the opportunity to tell him how much I love his work.

Nice one Bek.

I assure you, if I ever see him again I will not hesitate to pounce on him and gush like a crazy fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment! xx